Why You Shouldn't Let Cousin Carl Make Your Website
Having family and friends take your website into their hands can be risky business. Going with a professional is always a smart choice when a website is such an important aspect of your business. Virtual Vision vs. Cousin Carl will prove why a professional should do the work, and why the family should enjoy the family. We all have that one family member who says that they can fix it, or make it work, but we always have to redo it anyways. Let us all avoid this together, and let the professionals do their jobs. Here are the top reasons why:
1) Getting something for free does not always mean you are getting quality. There is a reason something is free; there is probably a catch as to why. If someone is willing to create a website for free, they probably do not have the skills to create a site for money.
2) Family can be offended if you do not like what they have made you. No one likes to tell a family member that the effort they put in just wasn’t quite enough. Let us leave the hurt feelings aside, and be thankful for the cookies and sweaters we receive.
3) Professionals have been trained with the most up-to-date skills. They do not take the fast and easy route. This is why professionals are trained, and are individuals who practice for years. Over time, they become efficient and great at what they do. The skills they possess are not ones that can be picked up in a month.
4) A site made from a template may seem like a good idea, until it doesn't have SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to ensure that all users can see it. Webprodigy.com explains the cons of a templated site: “Difficult to add functionality, not built for future growth, blog integration is not possible, tied to one hosting company, not optimized for search engines, limited template choices, and lacks professional marketing and design.”
5) A trusting company can provide an experience that keeps you, your business, and your family happy. According to statistics provided by Bain and Co. in the Harvard Management Update, 80% of companies surveyed said that they offer superior customer service, but only 8% of their customers agreed with them. Find that company that says they have the customer service you need, and one that proves it to you over and over again.
Leave the web work to the professionals, and let us create you a great, up-to-date site that will be seen and searched! Check us out @ www.virtualvision.com
Written By: Samantha Daly